"Single Point of Contact for the Show"
The Producer is responsible for the overall production and is the "Go To" person for all aspects of the show production teams. The Producer will keep things on track and monitor the progress of the various teams. AT MINIMUM, the Producer will perform the following:
- Coordinate rehearsal dates and schedule with Director
- Present and review show budget (using the approved form found on the MEMBERS tab) with Director
- Approve and keep all budget expense documented and accountable. Overruns must be noted and addressed with
the Director and potentially the Board of Directors.
- Announce audition dates and supply copies of scripts, audition forms, and secures audition space.
- Put together a Show Team which includes but is not limited to: Stage Manager(s), Technical Crew (lighting,
sound), Make Up Coordinator, Publicity/Marketing, Costume Coordinator, Props, Video, Ticket Sales, Cast Party,
- Create and maintain a roster with all Show Team contact information with the Stage Manager.
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure publicity and marketing is successfully completed for the show
- Schedule a pre-show meeting(s) with the complete Show Production Team before start of the production
- Be present at every performance of the show to address issues and questions
- Ensure that Sign-In Sheets (See Members Tab for form) are collected and forwarded for delivery to the Activities
Department (at this publishing, Patricia Carnahan is the Drama Club member who delivers forms to Activities).