SCG DRAMA AND COMEDY CLUB COMMITTEE CHARTER
Name of Committee *
Current Chairpersons *
- Design & Properties: Pauline Klemmerfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Props: Joy Kreick-- email@example.com
- Set Construction: Larry Anderson-- firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose (Summary) *
Coordinate the physical layout of the stage to include the overall design of scenery, props, properties (furniture) and set construction. Set Construction builds the physical surroundings in which the action takes place. Props and properties Chairperson is responsible for acquiring the props and properties.
Specific responsibilities *
Meet with the Director and the Design Team to discuss details of the set and the Director's interpretation of the play to include colors, texture and architectural elements.
Director and Set Design Team communication tools may include:
- A rough sketch of the set in the preliminary phase keeping “line of sight” for maximum audience viewing.
- Floor plans drawn to scale showing from above the general layout of each set and the placement of the furniture and large props with consideration for “door swings” and actor’s smooth movements.
- Front elevations giving a view of the elements of the set from the front and showing details like windows or platforms
- Miniature three-dimensional models showing how each set will look when finished.
- Ensures the final design is built to specifications and delivered to the theater.
- Works with the Set Designer on final placement of furniture, rugs and props.
- Recruit 2-3 volunteers to paint and touch-up fully assembled set.
- Supervise teardown of set and transport to storage
Any specific decisions delegated to the Committee by the board *
Meeting schedule (regular date, time, place): *
Design Team meets as soon after Directors are selected in early March
How the chairperson will be selected. *
Selected by Drama Club President
Term of the chairperson *
Composition (number and type – e.g., only board members, or others?) *
Only list if regular helpers for a term
Other important details:
The Committee works closely with other Drama Club committees as appropriate.